Hunt for a tailor

2007/09/13

Hunt for a tailor


It is not very easy task here in Brno. I have been searching for a needle for two weeks now and could not find it. Of course, searching the internet was bad idea (just FYI - in check it is krejèí).

But in the office we have a very nice lady, who can help you with mission impossible tasks. She took care of everything, called a tailor, arranged the meeting, gave me a map and wished good luck.

I was lost somewhere in 1km perimeter around the place and been walking like Johny Walker for half an hour, when it should have taken 10 minutes. Asked directions from:

a) a guy with laptop, who was scared of me, didn't speak english, had no fucking idea about what I want, but still - he had a GPS. Hurray! I am saved. GPS gave directions for car drivers, so I have decided to take a shortcut. You know, just to save some time.

b) two babickas (old ladies), who really wanted to help and tried to explain everything to the finest details. In Check language. Later they have tried to do it with hands - that language I understand.

c) After 10 minutes walking I have asked a gal with a dog if she speaks english. She said no, but I have insisted and she tried to explain how to get to the tailor. After few minutes we both realized that I will never make it there. So she took me to the street I needed instead. Thank you Kate very very much - I would never found it by myself.

Finally! I was met buy a tailor and her daughter, who assisted with translation. They were very very nice, polite and asked to put on my trousers so they could measure them. And they didn't leave the room while I was doing it. Naaaais.

3 comments :

Sapnai said...

Ir as buciau neisejus tuo metu :D

A bloke in Europe said...

viskas, varau pas Tave kelniu lenkt ;))

Sapnai said...

Matai....tai kuo tau tie vargsai cekai neitiko, pas kuriuos kelnes lenkeisi? :DDD