Saturday - Sunday

2008/04/19

Saturday - Sunday


I have just realized, that for such country as Algeria it is very strange that they speak (at least a bit) English. Of course, I can survive with my french (non-existant) skills (by pointing with finger).

Another strange thing is that they wish bon appetite AFTER eating my food, if they were referring to digesting it.

If you speak in English - you are called "Mister", but if you shake hands with a cook - "My friend". Not sure which is better, from they money point of view "my friend" has to pay 30% more most of the time, but also is usually offered some very sweet tea (I hate sugar) or strong, but very strange, coffee.

It is very strange to see arabic country with women walking freely. French have fucked up here really badly probably. Also it seems that I am lonely foreigner wandering around,  not sure if it is because I am only one white (whitish) or just other foreigners are hiding in the hotel.

City looks like after war (which is not strange). And no one tries to cheat me even if they see, that I don't have a sense of their money yet and always willing to pay ten times more than products are worth.